Brunch at Sante with Kev & Tammy. Spinach Morning Bun with a sunny side duck egg, manchego, pancetta, onions, garlic and bechamel sauce. T'was absolutely yummy. I did not spill ice water on Tammy this trip. This time, the server knocked over the glass. (Okay, I did drop a can of soda and splashed Kev & Tammy as some point at the Con)
- 2pm Reading: Patricia Briggs - she read Asil's blind date story. Hee! She wasn't able to finish it, so both Tammy & I ended up reading it on our Kindles that evening
- 2:30pm Reading: William Dietz
- 3pm Reading: Michelle Sagara - she read from Cast in Honor. Must wait until November for MORE. She also made a comment about killing Joey and I chirped in that many of us want to kill Joey... heeee!
- Caught the last bit of the One Shots & Double Shots in the concert room
- 4pm: Barry & Lee Gold Concert
- 4:30pm: Betsy Tinney Concert
- 5pm: Kaede Tinney Condert
- 5:30pm: Vixy & Tony Concert
Dinner at Fire Artisan Pizza with Kev, Tammy, Elaine, Thuy, Michael & Ariel. Kev & I were desperately craving greens, so we each got a spinach & gorgonzola salad to start. Tammy & Elaine were not craving greens so desperately, so they shared a salad. We shared antipasti plates & 3 thin crust pizzas: The Gordy (dates, Gorgonzola and mozzarella cheeses, olive oil, finished with balsamic reduction), The Parma (prosciutto, Gorgonzola, pecorino, mozzarella and provolone cheeses, finished with truffle oil) and The Crimini (crimini mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, garlic olive oil, finished with fresh thyme).
Dessert was a Bitter Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookie w/ Gray Salt add Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & a S'mores Cookie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Both cookies were baked to order in the pizza oven - so crispy outside, gooey inside. Both plates looked like a hoard (herd?) of locusts had gotten to them when we were done.
Their pizza ovens are on 24/7.
I think I went to filking at some point that night. I may have done some walking around the convention center too. I did mention to one or two of the security guards that I'd be walking back and forth along the concourse so I could get my 10K steps in.