Today, I'm taking Kyle to the DMV to take the driver's written test. Half of his friends have flunked it on the first try, so we'll see. I see lots of driving around parking lots in my future.
Packing for WorldCon - one more load of last minute laundry stuff needs to be done. Books - have to finish pulling books to stalk authors and such =)
What have I done since my last post?
- Book Club - we discussed Sharon Shinn's Archangel while we ate ice cream at Tucker's. Marcel is getting so big!
- Saw Theatreworks' Triangle again. The geeky character worked better this go around for me. Love the music - want the soundtrack *sigh*. One of my favorite songs is 'Daughter's Hand'
- herefox and I spent a day at Graton's. Didn't lose all of my stake, came home with about a third. Not bad for an entire day's worth of playing!
- Mike Gallego has always been one of my favorite A's players, so when the A's had a Mike Gallego Wind Up Toy give away day, I had to go. Since I wanted the usual high calorie snacks at the baseball game, I decided to walk to the Coliseum and back - about a 9 mile round trip. Got my toy & A's won in the 10th with a walk off single (which required Mikey to do his windmill arm thingy to signal in the winning run - yay! Also found a much nicer way to get home - there's a shoreline path that runs from the High Street Bridge almost to the Coliseum. It adds about half a mile, but it's so much NICER!
- Last Saturday, K & I loaded up the car with the stuff you can't throw in the garbage - microwave, UPS, vacuum cleaner, sharps, hazardous materials (paint) and took them the Castro Valley Sanitation District's recycle day. Drive in, drop off, drive out. More Yay!