Early morning wake up - made it to K's by 6:05 AM. We were on the road by 6:30. Uneventful trip to Los Angeles, with lunch at the Iron Skillet. Made it to LA Shoji's by 2pm. Much chatting, swimming (in the pouring rain) and laughing. Need I mention that LA was MEGA-HUMID this trip? Stayed at the Crowne Plaza LAX
Sunday, July 19th:
- Met Lorie for brunch at Bob's Hawaiian-style Restaurant. I had the Bob's Ono Bento Box which I ended up giving half the spam musubi & chicken to Kyle.
- Sakura-ya for a Manju fix
- Visited Auntie Hey & Robert at Royalwood SNF. Auntie had an infected sore on her leg that would not heal and she started having hallucinations. She ended up going to emergency and being admitted. After a few days in the hospital, she was transferred over to SNF. There are times when she's out of it, so she can't be left alone. She'll be moving to an assisted care home for the next few months (and she's not happy about that) and be re-evaluated. Robert is coping - he's still recovering from having a defibrillator implanted.
- Spent the rest of the day back at the LA Shoji's. Kyle & Aaron did get in a tennis game inbetween rain showers
- Drove to Anaheim and checked into the Anaheim Plaza. The rooms are clean, the A/C is a loud refridgerator - but we like this place for the Olympic size swimming pool.