- Slept in past 11am.
- Got a call from Steve to meet at the RSCC around noon. ACK! Got there about 15 minutes late.
- Dropped off the boxes and the banner, wee pepsi cans & juice squeezers (via my suitcase).
- Angie! Shawna! Steve!
- Helped with FoL table set up
- Hot dog for lunch? I think ended up eating just the meat, and skipped the bun as it was falling apart.
- Costco run after table set up.
Dropped off candy & trail mix at FoL table.
- I hit the 4pm - autographing session and Patrick Rothfuss signed my copy of Wise Man's Fear!. Did mention that my then 8 year old niece got a hold of his picture book (oops!) - and loved it!
- Dinner at Manhattan Deli at Atlantis with Kev, Shawna, Thuy, Angie and Melita.
- Dinner ran long, so we missed the Tricky Pixie Concert. Passed by mbumby on the way back to RSCC - she was hoping to catch the concert, but too late.
- Kev & I hung out in Hall 2 for quadrivium's (aka Mary Crowell) Concert. She sang Alcolytes of the Machine which I love! In spite of the lousy acoustics in the hall, really enjoyed her concert.
- Went back to the Peppermill, rested in the room for a while, went over Thursday's schedule.
- Late night gambling - lots of good luck. Hit 4 Aces + 2/3/4 for 2000 coins on a quarter double bonus machine ($500). Also hit 4 of a kind 2 more times (250 coins) + 4 Aces (800 coins) - cashed out $675. Hit a bunch of stuff on penny machines - additional $175?
WorldCon - Part II
Found at late yesterday afternoon that coworker & friend Toni had passed away from appendix cancer. Oh damn.
Thursday - Snowpocolypse!!! Wednesday had been sunny, mid 60's - shorts weather. Thursday, I awoke to all this white stuff falling from the skies.…
Wednesday started out with a quick walk around the neighborhood. Walking up either 2nd or 3rd, saw a guy checking out his phone while walking his…