- herefox,lilacfairy and I did Northern Faire on the 2nd. This was the first time in a long while that Lee has done faire. I think it was the fact that the Wicked Tinkers had a wee concert there that got her to go... Once the sound system got fixed, t'was a wonderful concert - I picked up the newest cd.
- Sunday, K & I went to the last A's game of the 2009 season. (2nd set of tickets from prize basket). They lost =(
- I spent most of last week being sick. Still hacking, but at least I'm vertical
- Saturday, herefox and I went to see Groovelily in concert at the Castro Valley Center for the Performing Arts. 2nd row, dead center. Wow! Picked up Midsummer Night's Dream and Sleeping Beauty Wakes cds.
- Sunday, we celebrated Alani's 8th birthday. She just wanted a family party at the local paint your own pottery place, Color Me Mine. There's nothing funnier than mixing the artsy-fartsy with the NOT artistically inclined. Steve sort of painted/drew on a triceratops. I just wrote everybody's name on a plate. Kyle went all out on a dragon. Alani had a blast painting her wolf. Karen kept adding artistic touches to her unicorn box (Alani's choice) and Gayle went to town with her BAT candy dish. T'was scary.
Kamakura dinner at home, followed by prezzies (she got her red ds) and ice cream cake!
- Tuesday, dinner at herefox's as usual. He made a fantastic red wine, garlic and cheese fondue. Broccoli, cauliflower, sausage, bread, dates and a few radishes (from the salad). YUM! For whatever reason, when dipped in the fondue, the cauliflower was awesome! More Dollhouse and Supernatural. No rock band - I still have no breathe
Long catch up...
This summer, I have done the following: Karen & I danced at Alameda's Obon Dim Sum at the Hong Kong Lounge with Thuy, Michael, Ariel, Thuy's…
Thursday, July 14th: Heat & humidity got me, so I ended up only running a bit over a mile, walking the rest. Met up with cousins Darrin, Satomi,…
Cancer has claimed yet another cousin. Rod passed away this morning at 2:24am from Stage 4 colon cancer. Damn. 08-24-16: San Jose Mercury News obit