It is always an interesting experience buying duck when I get this one particular woman cook/clerk.
"I'd like 3 ducks, sliced, no heads please".
"Yes, and no heads"
She then writes up a ticket for 1 duck
I hold up 3 fingers. I have a tendency to hold up my thumb, and first two fingers rather than the middle three fingers. Residual effects of sign language. Confusion, and then I switched to the usual way. Okay. We're in business.
I got home and was putting the ducks into their container and there it is, just looking at me - one duck head. *sigh*
- Gone to the cult gym
- Bought last of the groceries that I need for prep
- Gone to Chinatown and picked up roast duck and chicken chow mein
- Picked up 4 dozen swedish rolls at Boniere's
- Picked up autumn-ish cocktail napkins - no more turkey ones *sigh*
- Prepped mushrooms, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes for veggie platter (I ended up with it after all)
- Chopped up onions for spanakopitas
- Chopped up tomatoes for mexican dip
Things to do today
- Clean and chop up lettuce for mexican dip
- Slice up salami
- Make 5 pans of finger jello
Things to do tomorrow
- Clean and cook yams (bake or boil?)
- Mexican Dip
- Pick up 7 bags of ice
- Pick up flowers for centerpiece and obutsudan